ZINGA® does not contain toxic elements in its dry layer (after evaporation of the solvent). Therefore it can be, and has been, regularly used in contact with potable water. Since the ZINGA® remains active, it produces Zinc salts which dissolve in the water. This can sometimes lead to small precipitations in the water, which are however non-toxic. To avoid this, we recommend to do a water saturation with fresh water 12 hours after application of the ZINGA®. For more information, please contact the Zingametall Tech Team.